A-list hairstylist Jen Atkin is touting the wet hair look as the style of RN, explaining: "It's so popular because it is an elegant and effortless style. It's also an easy way to disguise oily hair and tame frizz so people love it."
Here, Jen shares a step-by-step and, crucially, foolproof guide to getting the look...
"To avoid making your mane heavy and greasy, make sure you're applying products to damp hair in small amounts, increasing as needed," she advises. Jen maintains that the prep here is 'super important' because damp strands absorb product more quickly than dry hair does. Here's how to prep it in 4 simple steps...
1. Prep damp hair with OUAI Leave In itioner for soft, shiny waves later
2. Massage R+Co Aircraft Pomade Mousse throughout damp hair
3. Diffuse hair with the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer with Diffuser Attachment on medium heat and speed
4. Rub 1-2 pumps of OUAI Rose Hair & Body Oil on mid-shaft to ends only
Top insider hacks
What's the secret to ensuring the style goes the distance?
The secret ingredient for ensuring the wet look stays all night long is applying the products to damp hair because it absorbs product quicker than dry hair and will hold it in place.
Which brush is best to achieve the look?
The best kind of brushes for getting slicked hair are either a barbers brush or the Christophe Robin Boars Bristle Brush.
A diffuser is key
To achieve the perfect wet look, I always use the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer. If you have naturally curly hair it would be a sin not to have a good diffuser! That will make or break the look. I would also use the OUAI Curl Jelly to help keep your curls looking healthy but still give it that wet look.
It was a sleek bun with single strands gelled to look wet. You can achieve this look by...
- First prepping damp hair with OUAI Wave Spray
- Then blow dry using the Dyson Airwrap Styler and Firm Smoothing Brush
- Using OUAI Hair & Body Shine Mist, take two sections and twist in opposite directions to make a bun
- Set the look with Verb Strong Hairspray
- Use Tigi Bed Head Hair Stick on the part and hairline to tame flyaways
- Fill in the hairline with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pro Palette
- Then strategically gel fine strands of hair to your sideburns and forehead using Moco De Gorila Hair Gel
This is the £2.99 hair oil that hairdressers are secretly obsessed with (and it transformed my hair)
New season hair, sorted.